4th of July, Is your pup ready?
4th of July is always a scary time for dogs. Loud noises, bright lights, and even the smell can cause your pup undue stress. Here are some things you can do to help prepare your pet for the 4th.
- Create a safe space for your pet.
- Make sure your dog is microchipped. Make sure your chip is registered and all your info is up to date. If you aren't sure how to do this, check with your vet!
- Do a perimeter check. Make sure you have checked for places in your yard that your dog might be able to escape if they are scared.
- Make sure your dog is wearing their collar with ID tags. This way if they get lost, they can be returned to you quickly.
On the 4th...
- Remember, Dogs and fireworks shows don't mix. Keep them inside and in their safespace if all possible.
- Get them plenty of exercise before nightfall. A tired dog will be more relaxed.
- Have some chews or toys available as a distraction. Here are a couple of items we carry. Lick Mat Honey Bone. Both of these items are long lasting and will keep your pet occupied.
- Give them a calming treat. Our all natural calming bars are great product to have. They are currently in stock but act now....they always sell out around this time of the year. Calming Bars
Hopefully these hints will help you survive the 4th of July this year!